I Need Direction

upnort

I know that I have some key componants to getting to where I can do some recording, I just don't have a grasp on what else is needed for the puzzle. My end desire would be to record and burn to a CD . Here is what I have, 4 channel PA system that I can plug my downloaded instramentals into to accompany me as I play my guitar and do vocals. My laptop serves as the player for the downloads. There are Recording Out jacks on the PA head. Would this be the source of the intire sound to be recorded??? I have an interface gadget Behringer U-Control UCA202 that plgs into the USB on my laptop. How or if it is used I do not know. I take it that I may need to have some type of recording software but what is another thing I do not know.

Welcome to the forum...
you will need a software. You can download audacity for free. Learn your way around it alittle. After downloading it I would load those accompanying tracks into audacity. Open 2 new tracks in your project having your vocals and guitar lined through the interface into audacity. I see that there is a headphone out on the interface. so you can monitor with headphones. No need for the pa. Although what i wrote may have sounded like blablabla but it isnt. And im writing this when im tired.

Back