I just want to get my tape to computer

katiesings

I feel like a doofus. I want to record my tapes to my computer. I've got a TASCAM portastudio and want to burn to a CD. Can someone send me to the right place to get information. I've got my computer to be able to PLAY from the TASCAM but don't know how to record it.

Help please... anyone, anywhere...

Thanks

Kate

You need recording software. Ntracks is cheap. Load up the software and hit record. Then use your CD burner software to convert the .wav file to CD format.

even easier...

if you don't feel like downloadin' anything ....you could just use the simple 'Windows Sound Recorder' to record from tape....if you got the tape playing on your computer, you're just about there - just fire up the sound recorder, make sure that your sound card is selected as the recording device in 'audio properties' - play what you want from your 4track and hit 'record'

happy recording
:D

Thanks Everyone

I'm still trying - nothing doing. I've tried all the solutions extended to me. I have a friend coming over tomorrow, hopefully she'll know what's up.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep trying

dear kate: isn't enough the portastudio to log onto your computer.
you need a sound card with a stereo IN and apropiate software to record the audio stream into computer and convert to . wav file.
I could recomend to you those that I use but I think is to hard to you get it.
I use Clean 2 and Wave lab , but you can get different software free example Ntrax (it's really godd for you needs).
after that you can record onto computer and burn your music.

katiesings said:
.... I've got a TASCAM portastudio and want to burn to a CD. Can someone send me to the right place to get information
Sorry about that, Kate.

Go out of your TASCAM into your COMPUTER.

TASCAM MAIN OUT to COMPUTER IN.

You'll need to get a cable, it will probably be a L and R RCA male to 1/8th inch STEREO male.

You will still need to pick up a sound recorder/editor.

I hope that helps. :)

Thanks I Finally got it to work

Thanks for all your help everyone. I was finally able to get it all to work with Cool Edit.

Your help has been invaluable and appreciated.

Kate

Back