I have a question about Voicemeeter, would be nice if someone could help me :)

MicBoy

Hi!
What does ''VOICE Color panel'' (set little bit under the botton und the left side) and ''Audibility'' (set to 3) change? It obviously improves my mic quality but I dont want it to change my voice. Does it change my voice? I know this is a stupid question, but I just wanna be sure it doesnt.
Sorry for my bad english.

I just looked at their website and watched some terrible videos and still and I cannot see what this software does that a typical DAW, that music people would want to use - does.

If it changes your voice - surely you can hear it and make your own mind up? It seems to offer a gate, some basic processing and eq - like virtually every piece of software that does music - does?

You'll have too forgive us - but this seems to be a bit of free software that lets you mix some streams within the computer - the mic inout, plus any in side source - Skype, iTunes etc etc? Did I get it right?

What do YOU want to do? In. most cases, all music software lets you adjust in real time - you NEED to do this on your system so you can audition what each put-on prod or knob turn does? I doubt many of us recording folk would want to download this, even though it's free. For what it's worth - I do use their virtual cable to do some digital decoding and that works fine.

So - tell us what you are doing and we can advise, but your question really gets answered by you. What does it sound like when you fiddle?

Practically - most of our grief is with converting the output of a microphone into something the computer can process without adding hum and noise. Something this device isn't anything to do with?

Its meant to solve the ridiculous issue that still, 20 years later on windows, we don't have decent ways of getting realtime audio from one app to a non asio app (if its asio, you can get ReaRoute to handle things)

There are some decent ways to do this on mac, sort of, but for windows, Voicemeeter and virtual audio cable in general can be helpful

Ah - I see. Their website makes the critical error of not saying what the product is for, and it assumes readers already know? I didn't!

Back