i dont know where to start?

theRoyalD

my band and i have been jamming for awhile and we want to record stuff. i have mics but i dont know which software would be best to buy for my situation. we play metal. i was wondering how i could record just me on guitar then have my drummer create something to that. then put both recordings together.?????? where do i start?

Asking what software you should use implies you've decided to go with a computer based system. If that's true you're going to need preamps and an interface which come separately or combined. If you need an interface, most of them come with cubase or some other type of recording software for free. Reaper is a free download that lots of people seem to like, so you could check that out too. You can use it, decide if you like it, then pay for it when you get guilty enough.

If I was you, I'd check out this site. Tons of information on all kinds of recording set-ups: http://www.tweakheadz.com/rigs.htm

Figure out which type system you want, then come back and ask specific questions about gear BEFORE you buy. Lots of folks around here that have firsthand experience with every piece of gear imaginable.

Back