how do you pit a YouTube video in a thread?

jimistone

long standing member
I have tried over and over. I click "embed" on youtube....copy the url provided....go to advanced on posting options ....click on the post a video icon....paste the url I copied....

and it never works. it gives me a highlighted link that when clicked gives me a bad link page. I see people posting videos where the actual video is embedded just like on you tube. zzi would love to be able to do that.

The embed option is for html frames.

Just take the youtube address and wrap it in video brackets like this, without the spaces.

[ video ] h t t p : / / youtube.com/video [ /video]

If you scroll down to the bottom of any thread page, under Posting Permissions on the bottom right, you'll see "BB code is On". If you click on "BB Code", it'll take you to this handy BBCode guide: https://homerecording.com/bbs/misc.php?do=bbcode

The info about posting videos is about 2/3 the way down that page. you use the video and /video tags, with square brackets around them. If I actually type them here, they won't be visible...it thinks I'm trying to link to a video with a blank URL.

I fixed it for you.

It looks like this.

one.JPG

Once you hit post, the code gets changed a little, which is why I've screen-shotted it.

You don't even need to wrap it in anything. Just click the icon right on top of what you're typing. You see the ting that looks like film? Click that.

You don't even need to wrap it in anything. Just click the icon right on top of what you're typing. You see the ting that looks like film? Click that.
thanks Rami,
I've been doing that but I have been using the YouTube "embed" code. that's where I was screwing up I think.

You need to use forum BB code instead of Youtube's embed code which is made for html. Here is an example of what to put:

[ video ] youtubevideourlhere [/url] [ /video]

No more Pink YouTube links, OK Jimi?

Too controversial... :laughings:
hehehe.
The pink thread rocks!
I think I'm gonna put up a Taylor Swift thread.
Since I learned how to post a video all by myself now!
lol
I learn new things because I'm not afraid to admit I'm ignorant.

By the way Armistice, the video that I put up in the pink thread (That Steenamaroo fixed for me...thanks Steen) isn't of pink, it her guitar player doing an instrumental with bass and drums. He can rock man...you should check it out!

Back