how do i record to a nonrecordable VHS?

d_e_s

I realize this is a rather silly question, and I'm sure it's been answered before somewhere I haven't seen. However, could you please, please answer this question for me? Okay, let me explain....I just want to record something on my VHS recorder. The problem is that I don't have one of those blank tapes you buy, so I just wanted to record over a VHS movie. Aren't you supposed to put a piece of tape over some part of the VHS, and then you can record on it? Please help. Thanks so much!

If I remember correctly they work similar to a cassette tape. On the cassette tape after your done recording you would knock out the little tabs in the back to prevent recording over that tape. The VHS has a similar area knocked out already but you should be able to use a piece of tape to cover the hole so you can record over the old movie.

do you mean on the back part that lifts up to reveal the black tape part? the part you aren't supposed to touch? or is it on the side of the VHS?

d_e_s said:
do you mean on the back part that lifts up to reveal the black tape part? the part you aren't supposed to touch? or is it on the side of the VHS?
no, it should be on the label side (the part facing you when you put it in the vcr). There should be a square indentation in the corner --> cover that with masking/duct tape.

Back