Hope For The Hopeless(Courses Offered From Cubase)

Sleddog72

I live in Edmonton, Canada. There is a store offering a 7 week comprehensive course on basic home recording using Cubase. Basically it's once a week for 2 hours. That's 14 hours of tutorial on basic home recording and Cubase (not to shabby, considering my Pysch 104 course is 45 hours). The cost of this course is 250$(canadian) thats like $0.50cents US? haha. Anyways, I asked about this program. The guy said Cubase is sending Reps. around training trainers on how to teach people Cubase basics. So, if you are struggling with this home recording stuff and can't make heads nor tails of stuff on the web, try going down to your local music shop, ask about courses involving home recording. Also look around town, some people tutor privately. I just enrolled. Here's some of the basics of what you need for the course:(also, colleges offer this kind of course i've been told but at a higher price 800$)

1) A computer with some kind of sound interface/card
2) Guitar or keyboard (keyboard is prefered since Cubase uses midi)
3) Microphone
4) 5.1 RCA or studio monitors
5) headset
6) Cubase (need licensing key on your Cubase)

That's pretty much it in a nutshell or so i was told. And I have all that. So I'm all set. Now, im not a computer friendly kind a guy, so this is my best option. If you can't learn on your own, perhaps something like this will give you hope!!!! Hope that will help anyone who feels as hopeless as me. cheers!

Daveyboy :p

Back