HIgh end loss importing mixes to iTunes

Live2TwoTrack

So here's the dilemma: My mixes sound well balanced across the freq. spectrum in my DAW. I create a mixdown at 16/44.1 AIFF Then I import to iTunes for the good ole car check and converting to MP3 for emailing to clients etc. When the mix plays back in iTunes there is a definite high end loss. The lows seem fine and still well defined. The drop seems to occur right around 3k and up. Not horrendous but kinda takes the clarity away. Not sure what the deal is. Ive done some checkin on the net but haven't found any good answers. Current solution is always running my master with an "iTunes" eq preset to make up for this. A little 1.5 db bump a 3k & 8k, Q's on both fairly wide and a 12bd shelf at 20k with a big boost (think Maag Air band). Mind you I don't mix with this on. Simply engage it for mixdown. Some info to help with the possible follow up questions:

Mixes sent to clients as wavs NOT run through iTunes and duplicated directly from the files; no loss.
Monitoring system is the same when listening to the DAW and iTunes. Presonus Eris 8's
Running Studio One on Macbook Pro
All the usual "help my music sound better" options iTunes offers on import are unchecked. EQ also off.
Itunes set to AIFF import.

Thoughts??

Back