Hi! and where is my focusrite mixer?

crocodile-eddie

Hi!

Windows 8.1
Focusrite Scarlett solo
Latest drivers installed

Using the Scarlett with reaper and it works fine. Trying to hear audio from my computer over my scarlett without reaper. Saw somewhere that you need the 'Scarlette mixer screen'. Cant seem to find it. Am using riffstation to nail a piece and windows mixer isnt playing nice. I get audio but not apps. Settings in riffstation dont help either.

Any advice appreciated.
Cheerio

Hi!

Windows 8.1
Focusrite Scarlett solo
Latest drivers installed

Using the Scarlett with reaper and it works fine. Trying to hear audio from my computer over my scarlett without reaper. Saw somewhere that you need the 'Scarlette mixer screen'. Cant seem to find it. Am using riffstation to nail a piece and windows mixer isnt playing nice. I get audio but not apps. Settings in riffstation dont help either.

Any advice appreciated.
Cheerio

I think you mean "Scarlet Mix Control"? If so this is only available for the more expensive interfaces. I have it for my 8i6. Unfortunately the AI acts as a "dongle" so AFAIK you can't use it.

Why not simple use Reaper as the default to listen to everything?

Dave.

I think you mean "Scarlet Mix Control"? If so this is only available for the more expensive interfaces. I have it for my 8i6. Unfortunately the AI acts as a "dongle" so AFAIK you can't use it.

Why not simple use Reaper as the default to listen to everything?

Dave.
Thanks Dave.
Riffstation is not a plugin, its a stand alone application. Hmmm kind of weird that you cant receive audio from the computer as is. Wish I had known that before I bought this version.

In the Windows start menu, type "sound", and open the sound options. Find your Scarlett in the list and set it as the default playback device. Now all Windows audio will come through the Scarlett.

Thanks Dave.
Riffstation is not a plugin, its a stand alone application. Hmmm kind of weird that you cant receive audio from the computer as is. Wish I had known that before I bought this version.

Well Eddie! I have just run the trial of Riffstation* on this laptop, slotted in a bit of son's guitar and it played out on the internal soundcard bish,bash bosh. I then installed it on my living room D top and again, a clip played thru the ESI 1010e AI nay bother.

If you are desperate I can try 3 other AIs and 2 computers (plus M-A 2496 cards but they ALWAYS fekkin' work!)?

Props to you Tad'.

*Rarely in this age do you find such "clean" website and simple download procedure as is Riffstation! The app also installed without fuss, self extracting. The GUI is also large, clean and clear. The fact that I don't know WTF I am supposed to do with it makes no diff at all!

Dave.

Thanks ecc83
Are you hearing riffstation and what you input into the focusrite scarlett solo interface at the same time?

What? I don't HAVE an Frite Solo! (nor would I ever buy one, one mic input is silly).

I think Ed' you had better spell out exactly how and what you have connected and what the end result is that you seek?

Dave.

Ok

Playing riffstation on my computer I want to play guitar with it. I have my guitar going through Scarlett into my computer. Using the headphones from scarlett I can monitor the guitar but not riffstation. I should be able to get audio from my computer to play through scarlett but I cant , that is the reason for this post. I put the computer specs in the first post.

Any advice appreciated
Cheerio

Thanks Tadpui

Yeah was the first thing I did. But for anyone else looking I had my usb headset that I use for the computer plugged in as well as the Scarlett. Unplugging the normal headset and restarting riffstation then setting the device to ' Microsoft Sound Mapper ' worked!

Thanks again everyone for your speedy replies. You guys are the greatest!

Cheerio

I would suggest trying to set it to the Focusrite ASIO drivers if possible. That'll lower your latency so there will be less noticeable delay when you're playing/listening. I'm not familiar with Riffstation, so I'm not sure if it supports ASIO. But if it does, it'll make a positive difference in the latency of the audio.

Back