Hi there!

bellabeckam

Hi, I am Bella. I am new to this group.

---------- Update ----------

I am here to share my thoughts and knowledge to you all guys.

First of all I want to thank the administrator for accepting and welcoming to this group.

Stay connected!

Now tell me where and what should I begin?

Yes, welcome Bella.
To be more specific it helps to say the sort of music you want to record, e.g. monastic plainsong or Death Metal or....?
What sort of space you have to do it in and what sort of restrictions that space imposes such as...Noise ingress/egress, acoustics (invariably terrible for 'domestic' spaces but can be greatly improved.). Then, equipment and M.O.

Assuming a computer based system the type and 'power' of the computer can be important. For instance, if you just want to record a few tracks at a time and then mix and modify them later almost any laptop or desktop capable of running Windows 7 or later will do (I know jack about macs so won't go there)
On the other hand, if you wanted to record a full drum kit and 3 other instruments AND add realtime effects you would need an i5+ and at least 8G of ram and a pretty decent Audio Interface.

So, makes and model numbers of what you have. If nothing so far, tell us what you want to do.

Dave.

Back