Hi, and glad to be here.

harmonic-sailor

Hi fellow forum members,

I am new here, its my first time being on this forum, and just want to say that I enjoy home recording and podcasting.

I just recently posted a question regarding any advice for air travel with a Rode K2 tube mic and desk top mixer. Feel free to answer. The thread is titled
"Traveling with Rode K2 microphone and desk top mixer? Any suggestions?"

I will be traveling next month overseas and would like to bring the Rode K2 tube mic as carry-on in a special carry-on size suitcase with foam padding, however bringing the 15 ft long MXL 7-pin cable and a 6 f XLR mic cable, might pose some questioning by the TSA when I go through security. So I was curious as to how I would proceed with this.

The carry-on size IBEX case is good, and fits the required physical dimensions for most major Asian airline carriers, however I am just concerned about passing through TSA with that darn MXL 7-pin cable and the XLR mic cable...arrgh! :confused: ...so if TSA decides to ask me to test and power on my K2 tube mic, well, I might be screwed if I don't have that 7-pin MXL cable with me, let alone their questionable lengths.

Anyhow, feel free to share your suggestions, travel and preparation experiences and all that good (or not so good) stuff :)

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to hearing from you,

harmonic-sailor

Make some calls to airlines / airports connected with your flight,,, That is how you prepare for travel.
If you have friends or family at your destination(s), maybe you can use what they have.
Carry on or not to carry on,,, is a question as well.

Back