help with tascam dp-02cf

cash76

hi all,im still having problems
i now have backing tracks stored on machine my next problem is how do i record my vocals onto it?.If anyone knows please explain in as much detail as possible thanx

I use a DP01 sometimes. If its the same thing, you plug into the input, plug your headphones into the "phones" output. Turn on the phantom power if it is a condenser mic, press the assign button for the input and hold it down while you press the number of the track you want to use. adjust the 'trim' knob for the input on the front until the signal is decent but not peaking at your LOUDEST VOICE THAT YOU HAVE. SCREAM AT IT BARK AT IT and so on. once your recording level is set, cue up which tracks you want in the background to sing along to using the volume slider. Press play and test it out, turn up your vocal track until its the volume you want to hear it at. This is not the volume it is recording at, just what you will hear in your headphones. Press the button for the track you selected for the input. The light above the track you selected should now be flashing, that means it is ready to record, or "armed". Set the other tracks recording status to off so it doesn't accidentally record over them. The one you are recording should be the only one flashing. Hold down record and press play, then do yo thang.

yes. record the backing track onto the recorder, then turn off the assignment to the track(s) you were recording to. Assign the mic to an empty track with nothing recording on it. When you are recording, you will hear the backing music in the background based on how loud you put the sliders for those track(s), but only the microphone will actually be recording onto your new track.

Back