Help with my setup - Record in Audition my voice and Skype's using a Q802USB

felipefelix

[I moved this post to a more specific topic. I don't know how to delete this one so, sorry]

Hi everyone!

First of all, it's good to know there are so many good and professional people around here to help us newbies!

Back to my problem, I recorded an episode of my recently started podcast using the settings bellow:

My voice coming from a USB Mic & my co-host's voice coming from Skype mixed with my PC sound effects >inputted in> Virtual cable + Voicemeeter Virtual Mixer >recorded by> Audition Multi-track. My co-host could listen to me and my PC sound effects.

The final result in Audition was fine, but during the call, my co-host started listening to himself, what was really annoying for him.

I heard that a mixer allows us to control which audio goes (or not) to Skype in a less complicated interface, so I bought a Behringer Xenyx Q802USB.

I tried a lot of tutorials, really! And sometimes I can only hear myself or sometimes I can only hear the PC, and when I go to Audition I can never make it work in a way I can see me and my PC separately. Also don't know which option to input in Skype. Could you please tell me which settings I need to make Audition (or Audacity) record a multi-track where I can have:

- My voice and my Skype co-hosts voice separated (it doesn't need to be in separated tracks, just separate pans);
- My co-host listening to my voice and my sound effects (from my PC or an external device like an iPhone);

Many tutorials show how to setup the mixer with the software, but I never understand the setup from the Windows audio panel and it's options. It would also be helpful to see something about it tho.

I saw in other website that my USB mixer only works with two channels. So, I'm trying to do a Non-USB setup. These are my other accessories:

- 1x SHURE PG-58 Dynamic Microphone (bought it today);
- 1x CLASSIC PRO MIX100;
- 2x HOSA CMP153 (1/8 to dual 1/4 Y-Cable);
- V-Moda M-100 Headphone
- V-Moda Coilpro Cable
- 1x iPhone;
- My PC has an On-board sound system;

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:
Back