hearing click track in playback. Help!

Visashi

Hi,

For some reason when recording I can hear the click track in my recording..
I have tried recording with click track on very low volume. So low that I can barely hear the click through my headphones while recording. But, for some reason it keeps getting caught up in the mix.
I have never had this problem before. Just did some recording the other day and all was fine.
Could it be my interface giving problems?
Using senheiser hd202 headphones and Yamaha MW12 interface with Cubase.
This is so frustrating!

(update)
I have now tried muting all the mics. When i click record on a channel it even "records" the other tracks in the mix as well... So, the problem is not that the mic catches the audio coming from the headphones. It seems to be more of a internal problem. - See more at: hearing click track in playback. Help!

In Cubase, simply turn the click off during playback.

Another idea is to ditch the mixer. It's a USB mixer that only inputs a stereo stream off the main buss. It's possible the mixer is routing your playback audio back into the recorded audio. The USB mixers are not ideal for recording. More capturing a live event.

In Cubase, simply turn the click off during playback.

Another idea is to ditch the mixer. It's a USB mixer that only inputs a stereo stream off the main buss. It's possible the mixer is routing your playback audio back into the recorded audio. The USB mixers are not ideal for recording. More capturing a live event.

OP, to add to this, you have a setup problem and you are recording not only your voice, but the other tracks from the mix to include the click. You need to record just your voice and nothing else. You need to check what the mixer is sending back to the computer via the USB. There should be a way to keep the mixer from routing your DAW monitoring back to the track you are recording.

Back