Get your 10 post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I accept that not everyone can or wants to chew the fat, can newcomers not find a thread or two to contribute to in order to up their post count ? For a start, it serves notice of who you are, a new kid on the block, so to speak and helps acclimatize you to this weird and wonderful place. Ten random daft posts is just annoying, especially if no one knows you.

MY INSTRUMENTS

* Electric Guitar [Fender American Standard Strat], with amp [Marshall] and pedals
* Bass Guitar [Fender Jazz Bass], with amp
* Acoustic Guitar [Yamaha something-or-other]
* Piano synthesizer [Yamaha YGP-625]
* Analog synthesizer [microKORG]
* Drum machine [Alesis SR18]
* Voice [my own]
* Other (snare drum, maracas, tambourine, violin, harmonica)

MY STUDIO

* Digital 8-track recorder [Tascam].
* Mixing board [Mackie].
* Monitors [Mackie] and headphones [Shure].
* Seven mics [2 Shure SM57, 2 Rode NT5, 1 Audio-Technica AT2020, 1 Sennheiser, 1 crappy Behringer].
* Four mic stands, plus accessories (2 desktop stands and 2 boom stands).
* Mic preamps [M-Audio], reverb and effects [Lexicon], compressor [FMR], EQ [Presonus].
* Cables and adapters of most types that I might need.

Built my own mini-rack using RAXXESS parts, 1x3 pine board, brackets and bolts, and red spraypaint. I'll post pics once I get to 10.

Now I'll bore everybody with a discussion of my musical interests.

For recording, I am closest to the Kinks, Velvet Underground, Belle & Sebastian, and Neil Young.

I love lots of music, and I love good songwriting. The Beatles of course, and Dylan, Paul Simon, Donovan, Nick Drake. Most good classic rock, including Stones, Zeppelin, Zappa, Grateful Dead. Also early King Crimson and ELP. Punk (The Clash and The Jam) and later mopey stuff like The Smiths. For more modernish stuff: Beck, the Black Keys, Cake, Fiona Apple, Bombadil.

You kids are getting complacent. When I was a newbie, which was a very small amount of time ago :-)P), I went on a thread spree and just contributed to ten threads. It's like cheating in a video game, easy, but it does admittedly rob you of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back