A Garageband for PC?

professir

Is there a garageband type program for PC?

I need something as intutive and easy to operate. I am currenly struggling with cakewalk sonar home studio 4 on my new lap top (bought JUST for this project) and not getting very far at all.

I want to record my guitar, mandolin, and purchased a Midi m audio 61 key keyboard to do some drums and piano in the back round with.

Thanks, ANY help would be welcome.

professir@yahoo.com

you can try audacity, it is pretty simiple.

I would recomend investing the time top learn your way around some of the other programs like cakewalk (or jsut go apple and stick with garageband). Once you get past the learning curve the options open up significantly.

Daav

REAPER -- version 1.0 and newer is shareware at a reasonable price
version 0.999 and prior is free
MAIN SITE http://reaper.fm/index.php

System Requirements
Minimum system: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB RAM, 10MB free disk space, 800x600 in 256 colors or higher, Windows compatible sound hardware
Recommended system: Windows 2000/XP with 1GB RAM, >1GB free disk space, 1280x1024 in 16.7M colors, ASIO sound drivers

REAPER v0.999 - July 27 2006 ~ Download: 1.08MB installer http://reaper.fm/files/0.x/reaper0999-install.exe

I use adobe Audition and used to use Audacity which is free and nice. Garage band is pretty terrible IMO.

Well bro its pretty simple to run garageband on your windows pc. Use Vmware to create a virtual machine. then install MacOS on your virtual desktop after that download the garageband App from apple playstore > install it > run it!!!..Simple

You can also follow the steps given in blog to know how to run garageband on windows PC: garagebandforpc.online

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
Have a look at the MAGIX products. Music Studio might suit and there are several full 30 day trials, should keep you going well into the new year!

Audacity does not support ASIO drivers (needed for low latency) or MIDI. AA does a bit of MIDI I think but not much. You might like Cubase? The light version is free for a month. The biggy needs a dongle. I have Sonar elmnt6, hated it, not been out of the box this five years. Studio One is free but no idea how it is. Reaper is of course the G0tO DAW but again, not sure how well it does MIDI?

Dave.

There is a method to run Garageband on pc via VMware. I cannot share the url as I am a new user here but that method really works

Back