Frustrating Noise!

hypercolour

Hey there,

I have been recording for a while, but have recently bought a large Behringer mixer.

I've recorded a number of demos for my band simply using an old mixer (not my new one) with two not-so-amazing mics, from the L/R outputs in to the mic input of my Toshiba Satellite. these demos sounded pretty darn good, no background noise at all.

now, with the new mixer, there is an annoying scratchy static-y sound on the recordings. Oddly enough, when I take the power cable out of the laptop, the noise stops!

help!

I know there has been a few posts about this kinda scenario, but I desperately need help!

I'm no pro what so ever, in fact I'm new. But I have read in a few places about the same situation. In many cases I've read that it's the power cords that could be causing the noise you are talking about when they are close to one another, and you might want to rearrange (spread out) how you have your power cords behind the machines, maybe move your workstation in a 'L' or a 'U' shape if not already like this.. Like I said I'm no pro and this could be wrong, but this is what I been reading. It's always worth a shot..

Good luck

Last edited:
Back