Fostex DMT-8 Hard Drive upgrade

Bluzehrp

Help! I just bought a Fostex DMT 8 and want to upgrade the hard drive. I saw a link a few days ago with instructions on how to do that (along with pics!) but can't find it now. Can anyone help? :(

Fostex OS and Hardware upgrade

Duh! I just found it here in another post (gonna bookmark that one!) By the way, I found out from an answer I got to a question posted on the Fostex website that the latest software version for DMT8 is V.2.12, and that it recognizes up to 8GB of disk space, for about 3hr, 15 min. of recording time. They sell a hard drive that is compatible (Fujitsu MPG3204AT). I don't know how much they charge, but I saw that same model selling on ebay for $19.00. For a software upgrade, they recommended calling the Fostex parts dept at 562-921-1112 ext 150 and asking for availability. If you want to order the drive from them, it's the same phone number but extension 108. I'm going to ask my computer-geek son-in-law if there is another option to the internal drive. I would love to modify the Fostex to have an external port that I can plug drives into. That way I can switch drives when one is full, and my band is still playing. Will keep all posted.

Thanks for your patience, all. Again, I'm new to this!!!! :)

Thanks for the information!!!!
And welcome to the board. There are lots of people here who know a lot about what we are all doing here. If you come across something that puzzles you (you will, we all do!), just ask!

Back