Focusrite 6i6 to Iphone 7

kirkwood

Hello new here

My goal here is to record video through my iphone 7 through facebook or youtube live using our audio interface the scarlett focusrite 6i6. I am wanting to do this so we can use superior external mics through the interface as opposed to the crappy iphone mic as well as hook up instruments through the interface.

WHat I thought would be simple, has not been simple

I purchased a lightning USB 3 adapter with power
I have connected the interface to the lighting usb3 adapter and then to the iphone 7
I have connected power for the phone to the usb 3 connector as well
I have 9v adaptor connected the audio interface for power
I have a mic connected to the audio interface

To test if it was working I opened up voice memo and tapped on the mic but can get nothing from the external mic, only iphones built in mic

So my question is, is there a setting in the phone I need to change? Is there an app I need to download to connect the audio interface to the phone? Is there a different connector I need to get audio? Or does the 6i6 simply not work through an iphone?

thank you

Many times hard and software companies, especially in the "domestic" sphere, either didn't THINK people may want certain hook up configurations or, they don't WANT you to be able to do them for commercial reasons, there might for instance be a licensing or patent issue lurking that they don't want to pay for, OR! Most likely have another device/app that they want to flog you!

The most familiar one of course is MP3 etc, encoding, the useful and free Audacity does not include it. Another is ADAT. I did not know until a day or so ago that mnfctrs have to pay a license fee for that, Alesis iirc?

Dave.

New one or old one?

IIRC, the new one is USB audio class compliant. The old one isn't. That means the old one doesn't work with any iOS device, or computer without a driver.

Another problem could be the UDB3 port. Some of these don't work for audio in USB2 mode.

New one or old one?

IIRC, the new one is USB audio class compliant. The old one isn't. That means the old one doesn't work with any iOS device, or computer without a driver.

Another problem could be the UDB3 port. Some of these don't work for audio in USB2 mode.

Hello mine is a focusrite 6i6 2nd gen, not sure if that means it's the new one or not?

Back