Firewire interface, no firewire input?

sk8a123

so, i've done my research and it looks like i've got my mind set on the Presonus Firepod. but... i don't have a firewire input on my computer. what accessory do i need to buy?

What kind of computer? A laptop? Either way check the personus website for compatible chipsets. It mentions specific pci express cards for laptops.

SIIG or Belkin firewire card with Texas Instruments chips.
(You ONLY want to use TI chips for audio/video)
also stay away from combo usb/firewire cards, they've been known to cause problems.

try newegg.com

It depends on what ports you have open to add a firewire port. PCI? PCIe? whatever the little one of PCIe is called? Express/54? PCMCIA? Research it first as some are more headache than they're worth.

Hello all,
I am a certified newbie and am not sure yet how to use this form.
I hope this is not breaking protocol.
How do I transfer old Tascam 4/tack cassette tape to digital.
I have an iMac but no recording software. Is there an RCA to USB connection or do I need more than that?.......

Hello all,
I am a certified newbie and am not sure yet how to use this form.
I hope this is not breaking protocol.
How do I transfer old Tascam 4/tack cassette tape to digital.
I have an iMac but no recording software. Is there an RCA to USB connection or do I need more than that?.......

You should make a new thread, not reply to someone elses. A little more info would be good too. Like the model number of the Tascam, do you want a stereo mix or would you like to have discrete channels that you can mix. DOn't reply to this though. Make a new thread in the newbie forum.

what do you mean really? i don't see the problem.

He is meaning that you point out you don't have a firewire port and you ask what do you need. The answer is in the question you need a firewire port either a Firewire PCI card but check that the chipset is compatible with the Interface.

Now why did you set your mind on a firewire port if you don't have one yourself is it what you really need ? or could you do with a USB one.

Back