Final Mastering and Burning

pablo

Hello! I already made a very alike post in the mixing forum, but I kept on reading in that forum and found out that I may be missing a lot of things...

I have like 8 songs and I'm very proud of them :o) They are kinda electronic-dance style, all of them recorded entirely into my PC, I only used 3 programs, Fruity loops because it has a lot of samples and it's prety easy to use, Rebirth because it kick a$$!! I can just keep on hearing it for hours and Cool edit pro in some cases to do tracking and add FX...

I always try to get the best resolution from my sound when I use a Wav I made out of a Rebirth or Fruity Loops song... I think it's 24/44.1 but then I just read soemthing about DITHER?? TRUNCATE (or something like that??) Won't my songs sound as cool as they sound when playing with the program the were made?? Any solutions to that??

Actually I have a bigger problem, I don't have a CD burner :D
So I have to take my songs and burn them in my cousin's house, so I was thinking about just sending the final Wavs of each song through Internet, but they are like more than 50 Mbs each one and my cousin has a slow connection, It would take FOREVER... I have compressed this songs to 128 and 196kbps Mp3s with Xing's Audiograber, and they were decent... would it be ok to make these songs 196 kbps Mp3s and send them over internet?? The burn it as I have always had with other mp3s?? I've also notice (I don't know if this is just some stupid thing I made up) that when I burn the CD at 1x it has better quality than one burned at 12x or soemthing like that....

By the way, the purpose of these recordings is not sale, I just want to give one to some friends and have something to play on my car's stereo :) any way I would like to get the best out of it....

Thanks a lot for your help!!

You should be able to do that but the 24/44.1 will probably have to be changed to 16/44.1 I don't think that your burner will support the other format in other then data. When you make a cd from mp3 it you use a converter to change it to .wav and when you burn it it changes to .cda but I don't know of any that support 24/44.1. Also anything above 160kbps will probably sound good any lower and you loose quite abit but higher you really don't gain a whole lot and you will loose about 12% of your new16/44.1 stereo in the whole conversion. Most of which will be below 2 hz and above 22 khz.

Back