Favorite piece of gear?

Nathan1984

I just made a few new upgrades to my home studio. I was just kinda curious as to what individual piece of gear do you guys feel you just couldn't live without? I am a big fan of my Sennheiser hd280 cans, absolutely marvelous.

I know what you're asking but I can't point at a single piece of gear that's more important than the whole.
I look at my studio as a single thing that allows me to track. Take any one thing away and it diminishes the function of the entire studio.
I do like my D-41 however.:D

I second Track Rat, I also can't point at a single piece of gear, but I really like my Saffire 56... and Genelecs... and my Violet the Globe... ...see? That's what I'm talking about here... :D

I know what you're asking but I can't point at a single piece of gear that's more important than the whole.
I look at my studio as a single thing that allows me to track. Take any one thing away and it diminishes the function of the entire studio.
I couldn't do without my Akai DPS12is.......unless I had the DPS 16 or the DPS24 or the Fostex VF160 ! I stand alone as a standalone kind of guy.
But only because they're the recorders. I could do without anything I have but I choose not to.

I just made a few new upgrades to my home studio. I was just kinda curious as to what individual piece of gear do you guys feel you just couldn't live without? I am a big fan of my Sennheiser hd280 cans, absolutely marvelous.

I'll answer your question correctly un-like the other guys...I dont think they read your question right. QUOTE by Nathan1984 :

what individual piece of gear do you guys feel you just couldn't live without? Notice the word "INDIVIDUAL"...that means ONE thing that you couldnt do without is exactly what he asked:rolleyes:
Mine would have to be my(one of them) SM57 ;)

My favorite gear is the next thing I'm going to buy. I'm not sure what that is going to be.

Actually, I have a canon T3i on order. That will be my new favorite when it arrives. Shhhh, the wife doesn't know yet... Man, is she going to be pissed!!! :laughings:

The prize goes to sennheiser for me, however I do not know if I enjoy my MD421 or my HD280's more.

Ok ....I admit that its really hard to say that I have a "favorite piece of gear" !! But the sad part (and seems what the world wants to see happen) is one day you may not even have choices...everything becomes universal and that scares me because I LIKE CHOICE and all types of recording gear.I DO NOT like the idea of everything in one box !! Anyways,this could turn into a whole different subject entirely :laughings:

My Bruno Royal Artist thinline semiacoustic guitar.
Simple because it's the beginning point.
Apart from that I have to admit that I still own 2 Yamaha MT100 4 tracks, a Roland 8 track DiscLab, a Zoom R16 in addition to Cakewalk ProAudio 9.3 and Reaper as well as an INCA 8 I/O w Breakout Box.
I've only old one piece of gear & I instantly regretted it as it becaome, in hindsight, my most important piece of kit.
You wouldn't believe the old, outmoded, lofi mics I can't let go of.
Everything is useful in its own way & can do at least one thing very well indeed.
I had a tech in recently and he marvelled at my Aletc Lansing Electrovoicette Graphic EQ (massive piece of metal) and regaled me with stories about the AL gear used at Woodstock. Would we have gone on to discuss the difference in live recordings fo the Woodstaock era against the 80s and 90s without it? Unlikely.
That sort of interaction is worth keeping a piece of kit for anyday.
Man, I'm a real dag aren't I?

Ok ....I admit that its really hard to say that I have a "favorite piece of gear" !! But the sad part (and seems what the world wants to see happen) is one day you may not even have choices...everything becomes universal and that scares me because I LIKE CHOICE and all types of recording gear.I DO NOT like the idea of everything in one box !! Anyways,this could turn into a whole different subject entirely :eatpopcorn:

Back