EZDrummer Help!!!!!!!!!

metaljoseph

Dedicated Member
I have Ez Drummer Vst running on Pro Tools. I use the fxpansion VST to RTAS so Pro Tools recognizes it. It works. I open up an audio track and put EZDrummer as the insert. I open a Midi track to map my drums. I set the midi out put to Ez drummer. Pro Tools recognizes the mapped drums I made on the midi file and in the audio file when I play it........... but when I try and record the midi data to the audio track, nothing shows up. I am seriously thinking about jumping off a cliff right now. I suck at midi applications, so if someone could walk me through every step I need to do to be able to track the midi to an audio track, you will not only save my mind, but also my life. I am going crazy. I have no idea how to set up separate trcks either. Please for the love of god help me. Thank You.

I don't know hardly anything about midi and appropriately for me, I avoid it. But I do know that midi is only a data signal and requires some sort of interface between that and your DAW to convert it to a music file. That may be where you are going wrong, and I hope someone can guide you a bit better than I as to how you are going to do this.

But also, do you really need midi to use EZDrummer?

It works fine for me

Why are you useing an audio track for it....thats your problem. heres what to do.

Put ez on a stereo aux. track and on your midi track go to input and select ez...no problem!!!

Back