error initializing asio driver

mromero255

I am running reaper, on windows 7, with the firestudio. When I open reaper it says error initializing asio driver. I never had this problem with my firstudio mobile, only with this one, which i was hoping was going to be an upgrade from my previous interface. I've tried to fix it but i cant. The weird thing is reaper is reading the interface, when i go to configure audio hardware it shows the firestudio is connected, I have enable inputs box checked, but when i click on the scroll down menu to select the inputs its completely blank and i can't select any inputs. Its like it knows the interface is there but the inputs are not working. Is there anything I can do to fix this? If not, should I just return it?

Do you have the latest drivers installed or have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Check Presonus website.

Download Revouninstaller and remove any and all Presonus software using the most advanced setting in Revo.
Download Ccleaner and run the registry cleaner. Or/as well, Restore the PC to the pre-Presonus condition.
Download the drivers afresh (I once dldd corrupted drivers for my 2496 in a W7/64PC) and give it all another do.

Dave.

Back