A documentary about the history of recording by the BBC

Yes - excellent - I have been watching it. :thumbs up:

Part 1 was on Friday 16 Jan
Part 2 was on Friday 23 Jan
Part 3 will be on Friday 30 Jan

On BBC 4 - and available on iPlayer :thumbs up:

Unfortunately for the rest of us, it's only available in the UK.

But i did find it on Youtube and started watching part 1 yesterday.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, it's only available in the UK.

But i did find it on Youtube and started watching part 1 yesterday.

You found the whole episode? All I could find were 2- or 3-minute clips. I'm hoping BBC America will show it eventually. It's not like they don't have any time slots available, since they've got plenty of time slots to show numerous back-to-back episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Top Gear, Kitchen Nightmares, etc. every day of every week.

Thanks you for that, RAMI!
I was unaware of the restrictions.

There is a legitimate 2nd part of that series that continues onwards with The Who and The Beatles.
The parts that you have posted are, put together, part 1, according to the BBC.

Yes, it is a good series.
It shows that "history" has many versions. For instance I always thought tape recording was confounding the allies because Hitler's voice was popping up with "live" quality when they were sure he was 100s of cliks from the radio station, not some American airman listening to late night classics?

I am sure the Beeb will release it on DVD ere long?

Dave.

Is it a totally different documentary, or just Part 1 of the whole thing, like Shwarzie said?

If it's not at all the same thing, then how many of these did the BBC make? :eek: :D

No, it's a totally different documentary - I have watched both episodes transmitted so far and they are very different.

The BBC don't make programmes anymore - not many anyway - they transmit programmes made by independents mostly (though they *do* mostly commission, rather than just transmitting something already made).

This new programme does have a different slant than the other one.

Back