Do these do the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i'm looking at your signature

"Cheap Computer - Cheap Mic - Cheap Preamp - Cheap Instruments - Getting the job done!"

How do you handle room acoustics?

I don't have any treatment at all in my room which is 9ft x 9ft x 9ft. (The worst possible room scenario) I have an acoustic screen that I use for my vocal mic. Cheap but effective in some cases.(See image below) For Acoustic mic'ing, I mic as close as possible to the source and position to get the best possible sound.

My room is full of strategically arranged, heavy, dense items, that act as a very primitive version of room treatment. A bookshelf on the wall, near the corner, full of book. Same the opposite side but full of CD's. Guitar hardcases stacked in a corner. Big plastic storage boxes in the other corner full of books and old bits and bobs. A big f'ing Organ! Amps, shelving, decks and vinyl and another bookshelf full of old Reel2Reel tapes. This room is near enough dead when it comes to reflections. I've learn't the sound of my monitoring chain and the sound of the room to get the best out of what I've got, for now.

RVB7catalog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back