distorted/crackling subwoofer on rhythm guitar track

wellthoughtplan

On my acoustic rhythm guitar track my subwoofer crackles throughout the whole song. Its just my subwoofer. I put headphones on and other speakers it sounds fine. My other tracks do not do this, not even the bass track. I use cool edit pro version 2.

Thank you

Check connections, cabling, as well as loose nuts, bolts, screws, etc. Now the bigger question in my mind is why you even need a subwoofer for an acoustic guitar track.

i have a sound bar and subwoofer hooked up to my audio interface, which is connected to my laptop. Can i not have that track going through my subwoofer? How is that possible to not send it through there?

i have a sound bar and subwoofer hooked up to my audio interface, which is connected to my laptop. Can i not have that track going through my subwoofer? How is that possible to not send it through there?

Well I must ask you why that track is an issue with the subwoofer. That should tell you something if only that track is having the issue. Either you have a bad connection, your sub is fried, or you have way too much low end on your acoustic track. Find which one of these is the cause. :)

Well I must ask you why that track is an issue with the subwoofer. That should tell you something if only that track is having the issue. Either you have a bad connection, your sub is fried, or you have way too much low end on your acoustic track. Find which one of these is the cause. :)

^^^^

:thumbs up:

An acoustic can be deceptively boomy/plucky...and unlike a bass guitar which is down lower.
It can hit in the upper low end (or lower mids if you will) that provide significant punch...where a bass guitar is more low end without that percussive attack (unless you're playing slap/funk bass).

So you are either overloading the sub...or whatever electro-mechanical issues the sub may be having are being accentuated by the acoustic guitar track.

I took a lot of the lows out of the track and messed with the mixing. It doesn't do it anymore. But it doesn't matter because I am going to have to re record that track anyway. There was small clipping that i didnt hear at the end of the track. Even though i feel like i have listened to each track individually 100 times, 8 hours later.

Thanks.

Back