Delay problems with my Tascam US-122 and Cubase LE... HELP!!!

4eyesguy

I've recently started using my Tascam US-122 interface to take my first stab at digital recording. I've also been using Cubase LE to record with. Unfortunately, every time I record one track, and try to record a second track on top of that, the second track is always a millisecond behind the first. So everytime I play drums and then try to record a guitar on top of it, it sounds like a novice racing to keep up with some out control drummer.

I have been messing around with my controls but my knowledge and success rate have been futile. It may be simple problem. If anyone can provide any basic tips or suggestions as to what to try it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Eric

Hmm I'm stumped

I'd hate to see this question go unanswered...I myself have experienced this problem when recording onto my computer.

Check out this link about your problem. <url>http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/tips/dealing_with_latency/</url> I will try and paraphrase it in my post below and try to use it to address your problem.

I just looked into Cubase LE to see if I could find any sort of resolution.

Try going to: Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack

Once there attempt to change the drivers you are using. Experiment with the options and maybe one will work better than another. Try the different ASIO drivers and whatever else is there. Hopefully that can make an audible difference in the delay time. As well as the drivers, the buffer size can be set higher to make the processing easier on your computer. Also a faster processor can help your latency problems perhaps.

Good luck Eric.

Welcome to the Digital World, I guess.

Last edited:
your cubase should have offset settings for timing issues

look up sync problems or troubleshooting

it should be easy to fix

latency shouldnt be an issue with the us-122

its what i use

Welcome to the world of latency.

I don't use the Tascam, but with my Mackie Onyx it has a control panel that I can adjust the latency and buffer settings. Also, there is a free program called asio4all that is a decent asio driver for recording, and you can play with buffer size and latency settings as well.

Pete

Back