Deaf in one ear, any production tips?

Not trying to make joke out it....but I wonder for those who are completely deaf in one ear, if there would be any benefit to facing sideways, or putting the monitors on your good side so that your good ear is in the center of the L/R image....that way you simultaneously and equally hear both speakers, and you can just tilt your head front/back a bit to get a better idea of what is coming out of each speaker....?

That's kinda what I have in mind, putting my good ear (left) at the focal point of the "triangle".

Gonna put my keyboards on the right side of the production station, that way, my good ear is to the speakers.

Btw, being totally deaf in right ear (nerve is dead), "Stereo" hearing is just better clarity of sound.

So....What was the OP's question again? Sorry Xtreme.

Someone, either Mr. Clean or Armistice....some limey bastard that's been here for a while is deaf in one ear if I remember correctly. Hopefully he'll see this and be able to suggest something for Xtreme. My advice would be to still have a set of stereo speakers and just reverse the L and R to check mixes.

(a) I'm Australian, not English (b) I'm not a bastard (c) I'm not deaf in one ear. That would be 3 strikes and yer out in baseball. :D

Mr Clean is your man - I'm sure he'll be a mine of information about how it's done. He produces good stuff.

Cricket gives you TWO goes - one in the 1st innings and another in the 2nd IF we are talking about Test matches, It's ONE for club cricket and for one day matches it's one IF you get to bat in the 50 over inning and with 20Twenty it's ONE IF you get to bat within the 20 overs of a silly variation of the game that has more in common woth baseball than real cricket. NOW, in kanga cricket you do get A life if you're were out on your 1st ball.

Back