cubase vst instruments

RBHova

ok I have a couple of questions. I'm currently running cubase le with my tascam fw1884. i don't yet have good monitors , I am still using my computer speakers. I also have no midi keyboard yet. I am trying to get cubase to record sounds off of both synful and gs3 and have been unsuccessful on both counts.Is my problem that i need a midi keyboard? If anyone could help i would appreciate it.

You need something to trigger the midi sounds yes, either that being a small keyboard which is probably best, or actually triggering them within Cubase on the score page.

You can pick up cheap midi keyboards nowadays so i'd recommend getting one along with a midi interface unless you already have one so you can connect to your computer.

Once that's in, Cubase *should* automatically find the device. If not, go to the midi settings within Cubase preferences and change the in/out for MIDI to your interface (Make sure you install the drivers!).

Good luck,

yep you need someway of triggering the sounds....

BTW how did you get giga to run as a vsti???? most guy's need to either dedicate a separate machine to it or... dedicate a separate machine to it.... :cool:

all i get is the BSOD and a prompt asking if i want to disable giga drivers on reboot.... :eek:

thanx for everything guys. I never did get giga to run. I've been having a problem getting any of these programs to work. I appreciate your help always. I'm gonna go pick up a midi controller. thanx again

what about this though

I have a simple vst drum pad that comes with cubase when i click on the buttons i hear the drum sounds. How do i record what i do on this drum pad onto a track. do i need to create a midi track. Is it something in device manager? when i create a midi track it has ins and outs on it.Where should these be at?I know i probably sound like a dumbass but I am a total complete newb.

My VST synth produces audio, not just midi data. The synth has an on-screen, "software" piano keyboard that triggers the sounds (even drums). I just take that audio from the output of my audio interface, right back into the input of my audio interface. I record that audio just as I would any other audio source.

Not sure if I understand correctly, but most DAW software, I'm sure Cubase included, lets you import MIDI files. You can write or program the MIDI with the MIDI editor (or use a tablature program like Guitar Pro or Power Tab since they're easier).

Then export as a MIDI file and import that into Cubase. Run it through the VSTi and render it as WAV.

But it's a lot nicer having a MIDI keyboard so I would suggest getting one anyway.

Back