Cubase Variaudio question

Cinege42

Hey,

This might sound stupid to most of you but I'm really stuck with this. Every aspect that is easy to understand and self-explanatory in variaudio is explained in painful detail if I google it but I just can't for the life of me understand this.

I pitch quantize in variaudio on vocals in the sample editor. For the sake of example let's say it's audio 01_09. I flatten it, cubase creates an audio 01_09-01. I analyze the newly created supposedly flattened and brutally (100%) quantized audio 01_09-01 with variaudio and the notes are off again!!! Not by the same amount mind you but still!

Am I doing something wrong? Is this somehow okay and am I not getting something?

Please advise!!!

Thanks

If you re-analyze then I believe variaudio starts fresh. If you tune a segment, you should be able to monitor it, by itself in variaudio and also inside your project window, so you can tell if it has straightened the pitch. Why are you re-analyzing ? Once you straighten your pitch you just leave it as done.

P.S. We have a Cubase forum thread lower on the board, you should post your Cubase questions there.

Back