Cubase and Alesis DM5 midi

Russian-Circles

So I have Cubase 7 LE installed, my DM5 connected via midi/USB converter, and MTPowerdrumkit2 installed as a VST. I cannot select MTPD2 as an output if I create midi track. I can create an instrument track, and it comes up, gui and all. MTPDK2 is registering the triggers if I watch the activity led, and Cubase is also registering the midi triggers as well. However, I can get no sound output while triggering, but I can if I click on the drum kit GUI page and click on any drumhead. I also hear nothing when playing back the recorded instrument track. I would also like to know how to creat a track for each trigger. Any help would be a godsend.

Last edited:
Have you got "MIDI Thru Active " ticked?

Go>File>Preferences and refer to the attachment.

Dave.

Attachments

• Cubase MIDI.png
    Cubase MIDI.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for the help Dave. I cannot see the attachment though. I'll look for that setting when I get home. I really appreciate the help.

. I cannot select MTPD2 as an output if I create midi track.

Go to Devices>VST Instruments

Click on a slot and add your VSTi there. If MTPD has multiple channels, you should click on the little icon to allow all channels. (Forget what it looks like, you'll have to figure it out)

Then go to the Midi track and select the MTPD as the output.

You might hear a delay due to latency as you're playing. If so, listen to the audio from DM module instead of the playback from the VSTi. Then you can listen to the VSTi during mixing.

Back