Couple of problems/questions

xTbs

Hey Everyone, so I am currently working on a cover album for my family and ive run into a few dilemmas. The big ones are in cubase my lead vocal channel cuts volume for a split second and comes back randomly and this carries over when I export as a mixdown so I cant even just export and master it.. The other big one is that once i put it onto my usb I get this oh so lovely (not) clicking noise while the file is playing.. it doesnt go the entire way throught the song but its annoying.

and for the last problem I have been having the worst time trying to mix down vocals and apply effects to them, my instrument tracks mixed down easy and sound fairly good aside of the odd mistake here and there. (im not looking for perfection on the cd but more or less looking for it to sound good) Im wondering if i could either get input or a tutorial on mixing and eqing vocals. im going to leave the track up so you can here the clicking and audio dropout ( I figure it will be easier to understand what im talking about)

Im running cubase 7 and using a firepod as my interface for the computer through a firewire port. if that will make a difference or not i dont know.

heres the link I hope that its viewable as i have it set to private ( it is a cover of another bands work so im not really up to dealing with people sharing it around)
Ohio Cover - 1 by xtbs | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Not sure what the hell that is. If you can send me the whole project folder I can open it in Cubase 9 and see what I can do. PM me for email address.

Jimmy

Just as an update I found out why the volumes were cutting out and the overly loud clicking, turns out I was using a demo vst by accident and it on purposely did that so that you would pay for it - got rid of that pretty quick, as for the clicking, I had some issues with the usb that I was using to move files to my home so I could master them, turns out the usb had several bad sectors on it so when I had it warrantied that fixed that problem.

thanks for the help :)

Back