Converting Real Audio files to .cda files

Roan

Right...I've got a little delima. I've got a Real Audio file (.rm format I think), and I want to convert it to a format that will play on a regular cd player (cda format I think).

Anyone know how to do this??

Roam

You plan to burn these things to audio CDs right? Most software I've ever seen for burning audio CDs will take a .wav file and convert it to the proper CD Audio format when the disc is created.

In other words, get them into .wav files and you should be set. If you can't find anything that will convert Real files to .wav by searching places like download.com or winfiles.com, you could always just get take a wav editor, play the .rm file with the Real player, and record in the wav editor using the soundcard as the source. Just don't do anything else on the PC that would create a sound while it's recording and it should sound good enough. Considering that it's some sort of Real Media file, I would probably not expect the quality to be the highest to begin with. Then again, what do I know about the Real format other than the quality of the audio I've heard streamed over the Internet using a 33.6 modem connection.

Back