Convert Logic 7 files to ...

CoiLive

I have a bit of a problem. I've been working with Logic 7 Express for the past 1.5 years or so, but I'm switching back to windows so I won't be able to run Logic. It isn't that much of a deal but there is one (big) problem.

I have about 70 songs (finnished and in progress) in Logic 7. I want to be able to work on them in Cubase or Ableton Live. Is there a way to convert the Project files? Or do I have to convert each project to wav files...

This will be a big pain in the ass. Cause I don't want the effects en compressions (and so on) in the wave file. I want to be able to play with them if I ever want to remix. And Converting every song this way will take a long long time. But I also don't want to loose my effects settings, cause to ajust them all over again in (for example) cubase, will also take a lot of time... hmzz..

Any clue? :)

ps. I'm not so so new here, but I lost my username and password and have no idea with email adress I used for this forum :P

Last edited:
if they're finished...what's the point? just bounce them already.

surely only a handful of them are un mixed.

takes some notes on your eq's and maybe compression...export each track as a wav...and transfer. shouldn't be too bad...unless you've eq'd and compressed a whole lot.

even if you can convert...you're still going to have to go through every file...convert...and transfer a good 50 gigs of stuff. bouncing 60 of the songs and then exporting the others just seems easier to me i guess.

exporting a stems mix for me (acid) is just clicking a check box. i guess taking off the effects may take a while, but you'd get fast at it. i could imagine taking notes of a track could get time consuming. but if you're only doing 10 tracks...that's only a few hours of work. you could spread it through a couple of days too...and if the song isn't mixed all the way...you don't have to take notes on just tracked material...

anyway you slice it you've got major work to do if you do all 70. that's just insane.

TimOBrien said:
OMF (Open Media Framework) allows you to (sometimes) transfer projects from one sequencer to another.

Logic is OMF compatible and so is Cubase.

More info here or do a Google search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMFI

Thanks, I will have a look at this one. Hopefully it's helpfull :)

cello_pudding said:
if they're finished...what's the point? just bounce them already.

surely only a handful of them are un mixed.

takes some notes on your eq's and maybe compression...export each track as a wav...and transfer. shouldn't be too bad...unless you've eq'd and compressed a whole lot.

even if you can convert...you're still going to have to go through every file...convert...and transfer a good 50 gigs of stuff. bouncing 60 of the songs and then exporting the others just seems easier to me i guess.

exporting a stems mix for me (acid) is just clicking a check box. i guess taking off the effects may take a while, but you'd get fast at it. i could imagine taking notes of a track could get time consuming. but if you're only doing 10 tracks...that's only a few hours of work. you could spread it through a couple of days too...and if the song isn't mixed all the way...you don't have to take notes on just tracked material...

anyway you slice it you've got major work to do if you do all 70. that's just insane.

So there are basicly two options. Or I'm fucked and have to buy a lot of notebooks :o
Or I just take the songs I really like (I think about 15) and transport them the long way.

I think I'll go for the second option. I havn't been recording that long, so if I record some songs all over again it will give better results. The rest of the songs are more like projects and idea's, but if I could transport them easily that would be great... if not, to bad.

Thanks anyway :)

Back