Connecting a Korg AX1500 to a Tascam 488

Ken59

Hi to everyone, Just joined the site.

Can anyone tell me can I connect my AX1500G to my Tascam 488 to use the effects for microphone and guitar, and which connections would I use? effects send return or line in on the 488. It's mainly the reverb I want for the mic's

I'm new to home recording and trying to get something going with the gear I have.

cheers for any help
Ken

I bet a lot of people who could help you have been deterred by not having experience with those two exact devices. Is it really specific to them? If not, then your post doesn't give much clue as to what kind of devices they are, what kind of connections they have that you are having trouble with, and other generic information which could likely get you the help you need, without the need for your would-be-advisor search for the info you didn't provide (links to the manufacturer's product pages would likely be the most helpful here).

Just friendly advice that will help you out a lot around here. And welcome to the site, Ken! :)

Thanks for the reply, Sorry about that, I was presuming anyone reading it would be familiar with the stuff. Anyway, I've sorted it now, I didn't want to connect something up wrong and cause any damage.
The Tascam 488 portastudio can be connected using it's send out to the Korg AX1500G guitar effects unit input and the output from the Korg to the stereo inputs of the 488. I should have known that really, I just wanted to make sure first.
Thanks again
Ken

Back