Connecting Hardware in Cubase Elements 9

truthhertz

Hello. I recently picked up Cubase Elements 9. I was attempting to connect a hardware compressor today but no external effects tab was present in the buss window. It just has inputs and outputs. Is elements 9 limited in this way or am i missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to studio, audio connections and add your second audio ins and outs, then you can route things to it. Note that you must have an audio file in the track for the send to appear in the mixer, and you can then route this to the second output. The only proviso of course is that you have multiple ins and outs, but I'm sure you realise that. I use Cubase 9 in the studio but have elements 9.5 on this MacBook and just tried it to check.It dod confuse me at first not seeing the send box in the channel strip - but it appeared once I brought some audio in.

Go to studio, audio connections and add your second audio ins and outs, then you can route things to it. Note that you must have an audio file in the track for the send to appear in the mixer, and you can then route this to the second output. The only proviso of course is that you have multiple ins and outs, but I'm sure you realise that. I use Cubase 9 in the studio but have elements 9.5 on this MacBook and just tried it to check.It dod confuse me at first not seeing the send box in the channel strip - but it appeared once I brought some audio in.

Thank you. You are very kind to have made the effort. I would never have have figured it out. I will give it a shot and let you know the results.

Cubase is wonderful - but it's very complex under the surface and finding out how things works is never that easy. Trial and error is always frustrating.

Back