Condenser microphone setup

Yotam Tiroche

Hey guys, needed some help from people that know what they're doing, my friend wants a quality mic, he's been using a headset mic for a while and he wants to upgrade.
His budget is ~90$, so I was thinking maybe get a cheap condeser like this one:
Amazon.com: Neewer NW-800 Professional Studio Broadcasting & Recording Microphone Set Including (1)NW-800 Professional Condenser Microphone + (1)Microphone Shock Mount + (1)Ball-type Anti-wind Foam Cap + (1)Microphone Power Cable (Black): Musical Instruments
with a USB interface with 48v phantom, but I can't find an interface in that price range.
Any suggestions? I offered him getting a blue yeti because you don't need an interface and all of that stuff but he doesn't want a yeti, maybe some other good quality USB mic?
Thanks,
Yotam

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 and a Behringer C1 microphone. Solid little interface, solid mic for the price. $90 total!

I've got one of each sitting here in my studio that I'm giving a workout to before giving them away on my YT channel. They really are remarkable for the price. If you would have asked me 5 years ago, I'd never have recommended Behringer gear. But these really are solid entry-level tools.

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 | Sweetwater

Behringer C-1 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone | Sweetwater

I've got a short video of a project that I recorded through them, you can search on YouTube for "Behringer $100 Home Studio Test Project" if you're so inclined. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at their sound quality.

Last edited:
Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 and a Behringer C1 microphone. Solid little interface, solid mic for the price. $90 total!

I've got one of each sitting here in my studio that I'm giving a workout to before giving them away on my YT channel. They really are remarkable for the price. If you would have asked me 5 years ago, I'd never have recommended Behringer gear. But these really are solid entry-level tools.

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 | Sweetwater

Behringer C-1 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone | Sweetwater

I've got a short video of a project that I recorded through them, you can search on YouTube for "Behringer $100 Home Studio Test Project" if you're so inclined. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at their sound quality.

Thank you so much man! gonna check the vid now!
only problem is that we live in israel and im not sure if they can ship it here, on ebay/amazon the U-Phoria is way more expensive ):
EDIT: just watched the video, nice channel man! liked and subbed! nice playing too!

Thank you so much man! gonna check the vid now!
only problem is that we live in israel and im not sure if they can ship it here, on ebay/amazon the U-Phoria is way more expensive ):
EDIT: just watched the video, nice channel man! liked and subbed! nice playing too!

Oh man, good point. Honestly I have no idea if Sweetwater ships to Israel, or if the shipping would be outrageously expensive. I've heard that those UMC22s are more expensive outside of the US, and that sucks. Hopefully some US retailer would ship it for less than an arm and a leg! Oh, and thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 - Thomann UK

Thomann also carry the C1 at E52 making a grand total of E94 before shipping. Other items needed are an XLR-XLR cable, a mic stand and a pop shield (the latter can be made from tights and a coat hanger) .

I would bet Thomann ship to Israel but have no idea of prices.

Dave.

Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 - Thomann UK

Thomann also carry the C1 at E52 making a grand total of E94 before shipping. Other items needed are an XLR-XLR cable, a mic stand and a pop shield (the latter can be made from tights and a coat hanger) .

I would bet Thomann ship to Israel but have no idea of prices.

Dave.

Yeah, the cable, stand and filter we can buy here, I'll check how much is the shipping from Thomann, thanks!
EDIT:
Damn

2017-09-23_14h46_08.png

Back