Condenser Mic (It buzzs!)

c0nD

So I have the Floureon BM-800 condenser microphone. I have phantom power and everything, I believe it is the USB adapter I use for my laptop (doesn't have mic jack) that is causing the problem, please help ASAP it's kinda annoying.

Are you using a phantom supply without a preamp...?

Otherwise, I'd hypothesize something about QC. I don't think I've ever even heard of a $15.19 condenser before.

Not trying to outright "diss" the thing -- But we're talking about an entire microphone that costs less than a really cheap shock mount - or even a decent cable. I'd have to assume that some corners may have been cut somewhere along the way.

Are you using a phantom supply without a preamp...?

Otherwise, I'd hypothesize something about QC. I don't think I've ever even heard of a $15.19 condenser before.

Not trying to outright "diss" the thing -- But we're talking about an entire microphone that costs less than a really cheap shock mount - or even a decent cable. I'd have to assume that some corners may have been cut somewhere along the way.

Yes, almost certainly a duff mic Massive. I was lucky and got a good one but have read of several stories since that they are very variable in quality.

Dave.

Back