Classroom Training

Bassman121

Does anyone know of any classroom type training on operating some of the common software based recording packages? e.g. Sonar, Pro-Tools, etc. I can go to FullSail and get an associates degree for about $45,000, but I don't want to be a recording engineer, just someone that wants to have fun with music. I'm surprised that I haven't found any thing like this in the local music stores.

Ho, boy, don't you just love useless, wise-ass replies?

Try local "free universities-" not free, but non-credit classes that cost very little, usually taught by local pros in whatever field a particular class is in. Usually hosted by the adult education of area colleges or universites.

Ho, boy, don't you just love useless, wise-ass replies?

Ah, yeah, but there's a bigger picture.....This seems to be a double post thread that came in after Yonce and "some other guy" gave fairly comprehensive and, I might add, helpful replies.
Things are not always as they seem........:p

I'd try your local recording studios.

A lot of the time they'll be glad to give you some pointers and good advice in exchange for free work (meaning, you get coffee for EVERYONE) as long as you're not an idiot and don't compromise their operation...

Otherwise, I dunno, Youtube?

Back