The cheapest setup for kids

bloodymeli

Hi,

My sons love to sing, and the sound from their toy microphone is pretty awful.
I would like to upgrade their setup, but I don't need anything fancy.
I thought about getting the 13$ Pyle-Pro PDMIC58. Is it a reasonable option?

I would really like to be able to connect the mic to devices with a line-in / aux input.
I understand that in order to do so I would need a pre-amp, but the cheapest I could find is 40$.

Is there some alternative solution? Are there microphones with line-in output levels?

Thanks!

Hi there,
What are you recording to?
If it's a computer I'd probably go with a USB microphone with reasonable reputation because you'll get decent enough quality and they're pretty straight forward and simple.

You don't generally get microphones with line level output. That's the job of a preamp. Usb mics would have preamp+converters built in.

There's always so much more to it.
The room, the listening environment and equipment, processing etc, but for a bit of fun for the young ones a decent USB mic would probably be a big enough step up.

You might be interested in this..https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...argid=kwd-184925704807&ref=pd_sl_84lcmaqbmk_b

Not line output but the supplied cable plugs into the mic jack of a computer. The mic can also be used conventionally on an interface or mixer with phantom power using an XLR to XLR mic cable.

But the mic is but a small part of the system. How do you listen back to the songs? Best of course are proper active monitors connected to an interface but a hi fi rig will serve or just headphones.

Best of luck but you have a long way to go!

Dave.

Back