Changing the metronome in a song.

Jae

I'm always running into certain parts of my songs where the timing will change for a breakdown or intro, etc. How can I go about creating a metronome track or programing the metronome to change when I need it to?

What DAW are you using? Most, if not all, DAW's have a Tempo Map and are pretty easy to change the tempo on.

Having said that, you really need to change the tempo in your tunes that often? I find it extremely rare and can't think of any tunes off the top of my head that actually do that.

Sorry, I have Sonar X3. I do a lot of heavy metal songs where the song is fast but then a lot of times it breaks down after the lead into a slow guitar only riff. That's just one example.

Sorry, I have Sonar X3.

I don't know Sonar, but I'm sure someone else here does and will come in and help you. Chances are, there's a way to set up a tempo map. It's the kind of thing that, once you find out how it's done, it will be easy as pie. Check the manual for "Temp map" while you're waiting for a response. :cool:

Look in the manual for Tempo Map (that's what it was called when I used Cakewalk years ago). You could do some really nice things with dots, lines and even several styles of curve...

Go to "views" and select "tempo" (or hit alt-shift+5). This opens up the tempo map in your multidock section. From there you can draw the tempo changes that you want.

Back