CD burning software for Mac

masterlink

Hi everyone, this is my first post . I record all my work with GarageBand , I than export it to iTunes . I used to than burn a CD and load it into my old Masterlink and make final adjustments . My Masterlink no longer works right so I am looking for some software where I can burn CDs from iTunes and make adjustments especially setting volume levels for individual tracks .
I have a new iMac running 10.12.6

Thank you for any suggestions

Masterlink

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums!

Can I ask, what sort of adjustments would you have made with the masterlink?
Is it anything that can't be done in garageband, or maybe a more developed editing suite like Reaper?

Everyone has their own routines and methods, but I'm guessing something like that isn't particularly common these days?

Thank you for your response . Most of the songs Im working with were done a long time ago and I do not have the original garage band files . The main thing I need to set is the volume levels for individual tracks . I know you can do that in iTunes but the info will not transfer to the burnt CD .. I have been recording for 50 years , from reel to reel to computer but I am getting up in my years and am having a harder time with technology these days . I need something fairly simple but good quality and am willing to pay for it ..When I am finished I do want to have several copies made mot likely from a commercial company ..

Thanks again

Masterlink

Hi,
OK, great. Given that you don't have the garageband sessions, what do you have? Bounced 'final' wavs?

If so, you can just import those into Garage band (or whatever editor you want to use), alter your levels, then bounce out again.
I'm assuming Garageband will let you bounce a selected region rather than the entire session. If that's not the case, something like Reaper (free-try) would be ideal.
This approach should have no impact on quality, but will let you have all tracks side by side for quick reference or comparison.

Once you've re-bounced each of them, you'd just burn your final disc in whatever software you like. iTunes, Nero, Toast.. Whatever.

The current version of GarageBand would let you create "mastering" projects for those single songs. Like [MENTION=43272]Steenamoroo[/MENTION] suggests, start with the non-lossy original (hope you have it), probably in AIFF if you created it with GB, but if all you have is the lossy iTunes version, just put that in a single Audio track, and go to the Master tab and you've got numerous built-in effects (not just those shown in the attached pic) that will let you fine-tune each track to a consistent level and sound, i.e., mastering, or pseudo-mastering, at least.
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 2.00.06 PM.png
There are Mastering plugins you can buy, like iZotope's Ozone, which will work in GarageBand, but it's not cheap. (I have been using a version for a few years - very satisfied. There are others, of course.)

thank you but I don't need anything to work with garage bang , my completed songs are all iTunes exports and I just need a program that is the best for burning onto a CD and where I can set individual track volume levels as iTunes does not have that function ....

Thanks

Masterlink

thank you but I don't need anything to work with garage bang , my completed songs are all iTunes exports and I just need a program that is the best for burning onto a CD and where I can set individual track volume levels as iTunes does not have that function ....

Thanks

Masterlink

Hi again,
I'm not sure I explained very well.
The idea of making these adjustments during the burning process is somewhat limited and probably not a very common approach.

If you have wav files (or whatever) for each track, importing them into some audio editing suite will allow you get your fades, levels, eqs etc all correct,
all the while having a very quick and convenient way to compare one track to an other.

After this you would bounce your final wavs, which are final.

Burning to disc from there would be a totally separate task and, text information aside, would be a one-click job.

If you feel you need to do this in some burning software then most suites will let you. I'm pretty sure Toast does, for example,
but navigating, checking, comparing etc are going to be very cumbersome, I would think.

...I just need a program that is the best for burning onto a CD and where I can set individual track volume levels as iTunes does not have that function ....
Sorry, I thought you wanted your songs to sound "the same" and misunderstood. What you are asking for is part of iTunes and has been for some time. It's the little checkbox labeled "Use Sound Check" as you can see in the attached "Burn Settings" dialog and iTunes help window (behind).
itunes-soundcheck.jpg

If you want to create MP3 CDs, you'll need a bulk MP3 normalizer or similar app. There are a few of those that you can find with Google (I found one for Windows for a friend), but I don't have any experience with those.

Back