Can you open Cubase LE5 files with Cubase 4 Full version?

Not sure they are backward compatible. In fact, I would guess that to be impossible. Software cant see into the future.

You can export the audio tracks, but the cpr file will likely not work.

Not sure they are backward compatible. In fact, I would guess that to be impossible. Software cant see into the future.

You can export the audio tracks, but the cpr file will likely not work.

I have computers with Essential 4 and LE5(and LE6) so I could try on those if it would help?

Whether by "accident" or (commercial!) design, I have found each incarnation of Cubase to be incompatible with others in certain ways (they attach you to a helix via the posteria basically). For instance, after giving Steinberg some £100 for SE3 I bought a Frontiers Tranzport. Would not work with my Cubase, why? No Mackie control*. So I bought Ess4 fine. Along comes Win 7/64 Ess 4 is not happy so I have to get LE6! (5 had been and gone by then) . One small ray of sunshine! I bought a second hand Tascam 122 AI for 60quid and the previous incumbent had not bothered to register LE4 (probably went mad trying!) so I stuck that on a spare Asus home build.

Lastly, I bought an NI Ka6 and that came with LE5. Thing is, I rarely use any of them! I vastly prefer Samplitude!

*To add insult to injury the fekkin' freebie, LE4 HAS MC!

Dave.

LE4 has MC? What does that mean?

Any version of LE does not require a license necessarily. If you have a legit version of C4, that you need to import LE5 projects to, then you need only import the audio files. LE5 will have some VST's that 4 did not have. That is really the only problem. Actually, I don't understand why that is an issue anyway.

Hi Dave
Thanks for responding so quick.
Do you have something recorded in cubase 5 Le that you could try and open in cubase 4?
If you could help me out that would be amazing.
Simi

Hi Dave
Thanks for responding so quick.
Do you have something recorded in cubase 5 Le that you could try and open in cubase 4?
If you could help me out that would be amazing.
Simi

Tried it, no go I am afraid. I had a file of Son on acoustic guitar in LE5 and saved the whole .cpr in a stick (of a W7/64 lappy) . Put that up on the desktop of this old P4 and opened Ess4. "Cannot open Flowers.cpr. This is an LE5 file and cannot be opened in LE4"

I doubt that the fullblown Cubase 4 would be any different?

I tried to do a screengrab of the error but forgot Cubase does not work for a simple "PrtScrn" you have do "Crtl+PrtScrn" ! Fekking Steinberg!

Dave.

This is bloody silly!
I can't even open that LE5 file in LE6!

I am shunting Samplitude .VIP files all over the shop all the time! I can open an SE8 file in Silver and even in the demo of the top bllx Sam ProX!....In fact if my health holds out for another 6 months and I can keep working I think I shall buy Pro X.

Dave.

Back