Can a filter fix my problem?

I use a guitar-zoom g5n multi effects pedal-into computer&daw or fender hot rod deville 4/10 or from the computer to two 5" powered studio monitors..the trouble is, no matter which way I route it or which outlets I use or which cables or strings or impedance rigging I can come up with, the distortion patches, presets whatever distortion pedal i use (simulated or hardware) has a disturbing after tone that mushed or muddied the tone..I tried dozens of other forums and tried every trick they could come up with, but nothing worked... somehow the recording I made of the problem won't go through the attachment section in the posts and replies..I came up with the idea to post my email address here then someone could reply to the email address and then i could send the recording as an attachment to whoever was willing..then whoever thinks they know what the problem is can hear it and then make a suggestion as to how to fix it...so, any takers?.. also I live in an apartment surrounded by neighbors and their appliances etc. surrounding me..along with fluorescent lights.
robertdonithan@gmail.com

Last edited:
I use a guitar-zoom g5n multi effects pedal-into computer&daw or fender hot rod deville 4/10 or from the computer to two 5" powered studio monitors..the trouble is, no matter which way I route it or which outlets I use or which cables or strings or impedance rigging I can come up with, the distortion patches, presets whatever distortion pedal i use (simulated or hardware) has a disturbing after tone that mushed or muddied the tone..I tried dozens of other forums and tried every trick they could come up with, but nothing worked... somehow the recording I made of the problem won't go through the attachment section in the posts and replies..

You need to have 10 post before you can post any links, examples or pics as far as I know. You are are # 9. Just reply back to my post with an "Are you kidding me" type of post and you will be fine.

I came up with the idea to post my email address here then someone could reply to the email address and then i could send the recording as an attachment to whoever was willing..then whoever thinks they know what the problem is can hear it and then make a suggestion as to how to fix it...so, any takers?..

When ever you post your e-mail address on line in any community, it should look something like this. robertdonithan at gmail and add dot com. By the time you read this, your e-mail address has probably be scrapped into 10,000 spam databases. No joking.

Now, on to your original problem. I have no idea! A man has to know his limitations but I am sure some of the community gurus will be able to guide you. ;-)

Last edited:
'the distortion patches, presets whatever distortion pedal i use (simulated or hardware) has a disturbing after tone that mushed or muddied the tone..'

Without hearing a sample of what your hearing, I'm guessing it may possibly be what the the distortion patches have for effects blocks, such as compression and a noise gate and how they play with each other. Wondering if you turn these off or tweak the setting a bit if the mushed/muddied tone might change/cleanup.

As Mack mentioned probably not a good idea to have your email address posted and might be worthwhile editing it out. If Mack is a nice guy (I'm of the impression he seems to be) he'll remove it from the quote in his post also.

I tried every tweak and twitch I could think of.. (for years now)..no results..and I'm not worried about spam because I need someone to hear this sound sample..I use a tracfone product(internet&phone)maybe spam doesn't affect it...

Last edited:
Just upload your sample into the community. You only need to give 20 or 30 secs of the worst issue. Use the "Manage Attachments" under the word processor where you type in your post. [MENTION=190964]arcaxis[/MENTION], I followed your request concerning my prior post.

I found it on the "full site" option on my phone..but it won't upload it..it states "invalid file " from my voice recorder where I stored the recording..

That's due to the forum not excepting that type of file. You need to convert it to an mp3 or wav file. Then you should have no problem uploading it.

Some effects will always muddy your tone. I use a Zoom too and I know exactly what your are talking about. I usually mike an amp but sometimes I like to go right in from an effect, into the interface. I've gotten some great results that way.

I have an internet phone and use Google play store for apps and tried a dozen or so conversion apps and got no results..

The only audio file the forum will except is an mp3. This is mostly due to file size. You must upload your file here, or any other platform that you can provide a link to. The only ones who can change the file upload requirements, are the owners of the community and maybe the mods.

Please click on the pic below.

View attachment 100792

heres the recording.. if anyone knows what the problem is please reply.... I added another recording

Attachments

• recording-20171107-102650.mp3
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
  • recording-20171107-102650.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back