calculation

lumiera

Hi guys....

Can help on this????
I need to learn about getting the proper "REVERB TIME" N "DELAY TIME" calculation....There must be a simple N easy formula to learn...
Any idea??? Your attention is highly appreciated...
Thax!!!!

Define "Proper". If perchance you mean delay times that sync up with the tempo of your music,divide 60 by the bpm of your tune e.g. 60 divided by 120(beats per minute)=.500(milliseconds).That's a quarter note.To get eighth notes ,divide again by 2=.250ms.Reverbs are more subjective IMO(Ha!) Cheers!

thanX Ray for the helpful formula...
but, is the reverb time are being calculated the same way too?????
anyway your reply really save me from lots of work...

Hi! Please understand that the method I described will cause your delay reoeats to be equivalent to different note values,because it's tied to the tempo or BPM(beats per minute) of your music.You COULD use it for reverb decay times as well,but that's why I said it's a subjective thing because a reverb that is exactly timed to the tempo may or may not be appropriate for some kinds of music.For one thing,it's not very natural.BUT you might want to experiment using the calculation to set the PRE-DELAY function of your reverb;sometimes this can be effective as well.Cheers!

Back