Build Your Own DAW

Boongoon

Hello,

Could someone give me a Shopping list for the best PC DAW to build with a $900 budget?

I do not want to over think this so I would rather someone else do the thinking.

Thanks,
Evan

Get a computer with a half decent CPU. A large hard drive will work wonders. Also get as much memory as you can afford. These are the most important issues you should be looking at.

I do not want to over think this so I would rather someone else do the thinking.
You are in the wrong hobby with this mind set.

I am looking forward to "the hobby" but this is one aspect i would like experienced people to guide me on. There are so many choices. When I do something i like to get into it completely, but I want to start off right and spend the time to learn recording not pulling my hair out deciding what computer to buy or build.

I built mine about 3-4 years ago, so I haven't been keeping up with the computer world much. But in my experience......

Gigabyte mobo, Intel processor, & Texas Instruments firewire (I use a SIIG card)

that's the good stuff. :cool:

:D

So, after getting a headache looking at every custom DAW site, this is what I bought.

Gigabyte P55-USB3 Intel P55 LGA1156 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-760 2.8Ghz 8M LGA1156 CPU
M-Audio Delta 1010LT PCI Virtual Studio
Seagate 1.5TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64Bit DVD OEM
OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHZ 4096MB
Lite ON 24X DVDRW SATA w/ Label Tag Technology
EVGA GeForce GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 PCIe SLI Ready
Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 Modular 700W ATX PSU
ANTEC P183High-End Performance One Case

$1250.00

So, after getting a headache looking at every custom DAW site, this is what I bought.

And now that you've spent all that money, you're going to find dozens of posts that you missed before telling you how something you bought is a right pile of crap. :laughings:

Back