budget starter home recording recommendations.

Hey everyone hoping you guys and gals may be able to suggest some things i need to begin home recording...... as i have no clue what to get and at a good price.

what i've got.....

Electric guitar.
Pc and monitor
Adobe Audition
acoustic guitar

I'm looking for drums, bass, keys/synth mic and something to connect to pc and as cheap as possible with decent enough sound for recording.

live in a quiet flat with no back ground noise except the pc tower fan.

i have been looking at drum machine/pads as they save on space and look fairly easy to use compared to a full kit.... and saves me having to relearn how to use ezdrummer/bfd as i can just record in realtime... even if it is just bass and snare then adding hi hat etc.... i'm not a drummer but will break the parts down but looking for something with a real sound if possible instead of a stock aitken and watermen sound lol

bass... cheap with decent sound for recording...

keys/synth small basic....cheap

mic.... something half decent for vocals and micing the acoustic up might need to rethink this as the pc tower stops the room having perfect silence.

and something to plug all these intstruments into pc to record.

thanks

To start off, read this thread and this thread. Doing some reading now and asking questions before buying anything will save you time and money in the long run.

You're going to need, at a minimum, to start off:
Audio Interface
Mic (+ stand and cable)
headphones

I suggest you start with these, go for your drum pads, keyboard and bass after you've become familiar with the basics. Fan noise may be a consideration in your room if you can't block it from the mic (movable gobo traps, an old blanket, something might help) - a dynamic mic will be less sensitive and pick up less of the room noise than a condenser mic.
What's your budget?
Besides the listed stuff, you are going to want monitors (speakers), some acoustic treatment in the room another mic or two...

Back