Bringing in previously recorded music

Ranman

I am new to recording. I have a Tascam 788. I want to make a do a voice track over some existing music. When I try to record it onto the hard drive from the burner (a wave file import) it will not work. I tried a professional (bought) CD. I tried burning a CD. Neither worked. Then I used a CD-RW and first formatted it on my burner I bought with the 788 and burned it onto that on my computer and then tried to inport it and that didnt work. Can someone help me please !!

You may want to check your manual, or someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can import redbook cd tracks into the 788. You will have to covert them to a stereo wave file on your pc and import them into the stereo tracks of the 788.

Hey Rokket,
I thought I was doing that when I was burning a CD on my PC. I guess I was not. How do you convert a CD to a wave file format that my 788 will recognize?

Ranman said:
Hey Rokket,
I thought I was doing that when I was burning a CD on my PC. I guess I was not. How do you convert a CD to a wave file format that my 788 will recognize?

You need a CD ripper program, you can get one for free at WWW.Hitsquad.com, Then you can ripp the CD to a wave file that your 788 will read! ;)

Reply to track rat

Hey Track Rat,
I tried doing what you said. That does not work either. I am using media player on the computer. This is becoming very frustrating. Does anybody know why the 788 won't let me record prerecorded music onto it?

Back