BPM - How to know the exact bpm in a track

The sweep second hand is the hand on the clock that completes a revolution once per minute.

Here you go Jimmy. You're right. That doesn't mean anyone else is wrong, but what they are saying is just more stuff for the OP to consider in other situations. I'm also a drummer, so I'm used to playing to a click. The rule is, if you can hear the click, you're off. But most songs with distinctive tempo changes would never give the BPM at the start if it was an average. The song starts at Adagio, moves to andante, and then has a Rubato part and goes back to adagio. Expressed in BPM, it would be expressed as one, then another, then a part with no real tempo, then back to the first. Sorry if this is a month late. You know how we trolls are.
Rod Norman
Engineer

Stop arguing man. That is just not useful in this thread.

I understand your point, but it is not the place to hold a debate on where the origination or use of BPM or lol (BMP) comes from.

The OP just wanted to do what every member here wants to do. 'record to or find an exact bpm'. It not that friggen hard nor reason for an argument.

I sure hope Rod comes around to give some support soon.

Back